E74. System Error. Contact Xbox Customer Support.
You might have seen the error message above show up in your monitor associate to the Xbox. And along with the error, you would probably discovere that your computer is running slower that before, and the program might crash and you would even have a blue screen of death.
We strongly suggest that you run a quick scan for error code 74 for your PC to check and fix the errors.
What Is Error Code 74?
Error code 74 is a common and maybe one of the most frequent error messages one could receive during daily uses of the computer. When this error occurs, you would see white writings on black in the Xbox 360, and there would be a red ring on the console in the power switch.
How to Fix Error Code 74?
There are few tips given below that would help you take care of the error code 74 you have received. You may want to take a look at the following tutorial.
- Unplug the Xbox 360 power cord
- Remove audio and video cables
- Hold the USB ports with one hand
- And squeeze the top and bottom of the faceplate with the other hand
- Pull of the faceplate
- Bend the gray ventilation shield
- As you can the inside, poke the stick though the white holes
- Dislodge the clips, and hold the tabs to the gray plastic
- Release the tabs
- Press the button on the front of the console
- Lose the gray plastic inside as the previous steps
- Turn the Xbox upside down
- Use a screwdriver to take off the clips
- Lift of the top of the bottom shelf
- Take off the 14 silver screws and the 8 black screws
- Turn the console right side up
- Lift the outer shell to reveal the inside
- Heat up the soldering iron
- Place the GPU on the motherboard
- Apply the solder to the chip
- When it is connected to the board, wait for the solder to cool down
- Check the CPU chip for errant solder
- Remove the errant solder and reapply the solder
- Put the Xbox 360 back together
- Plug the power cord and the cables
- Turn it on
To ensure the security and efficiency of your PC, get our ErrorCodeFix to fix error code 74 error in minutes!
by Gerry D, US
"This program works well for me. It is so fast and so easy to use. Thanks for everything you've done, and the customer support has been very helpful too!"
Error Code Error Fix Guides