"File \i386\ntkrnlmp.exe could not be loaded. The error code is 7".
You might have received this error message during every use of your computer. This error would results in computer slow down, system failures, program crashes or even blue screen of death.
We strongly suggest that you run a quick scan for error code 7 for your PC to check and fix the errors.
What Is Error Code 7?
Error code 7 is an error related to ntkrnlep.exe. Ntkrnlmp.exe is a system file designed for the Microsoft Windows operating system. The location of that file is C:\Windows\driver cache\i386. The error might appear during installation of the Windows XP, or when the ACPI in the BIOS is enabled.
How to Fix Error Code 7?
After knowing what the error is and its causes, the next thing for you to do is to find a way to solve the problem. And the following parts will tell you how to do this step by step.
- During startup, go to BIOS
- Go to the Power Management Setup menu
- Set the value of ACPI Aware Operating System to NO
- Save and Exit
- Restart the installation
You could also disable the ACPI after the installation
- Go to Start > Run > type in "sysdm.cpl" > press Enter
- Select Computer > double click on "Advanced Configuration and Power Interface PC"
- Go to Driver tab > click on "Update Driver"
- Go to the Hardware Update Wizard > select No > Next
- Select Install from a list of specific location (Advanced) > click Next
- Click Finish > reboot your computer
- Insert the Windows XP cd into your cd drive
- Select Install Windows
- Go to Start > Run
- Type "CD-ROM drive letter:\setup.exe" in the open box > press Enter
- Select "New Installation" > click Next
- Then follow the instructions presented
To ensure the security and efficiency of your PC, get our ErrorCodeFix to fix error code 7 error in minutes!
by Gerry D, US
"This program works well for me. It is so fast and so easy to use. Thanks for everything you've done, and the customer support has been very helpful too!"
Error Code Error Fix Guides